*** In Stock - shipping same day ***
Free Shipping to the Lower 48
The original, free-standing 270 Awning, since 2008. Beware of imitations.
Introducing the Ostrich Wing Awning by Big Country 4x4, South Africa. 120 square feet of shade in 30 seconds. Unmatched strength. Designed, tried and tested in the African Savannah since 2008.
Constructed of 12.2oz (380gsm) rip-block canvas, UV protected and rot proofed. Designed primarily as a sun shade the canvas is acrylic impregnated and waterhead tested to 800mm, while stitch seams are sealed for further waterproofing. Every awning now includes a 2-color LED strip light for mounting inside the arms.
The awning frame is built with thick aluminum extrusions welded in a gusseted truss design, supported on nylon bushes. This cantilevered awning is made for the toughest adventures, this will not break in a breeze and is backed by a 2 year warranty.
The Ostrich Wing is designed to be used without support legs in no wind or mild wind settings. In gusty conditions a single telescopic support pole should be deployed and the frame tied down using the frame-mounted eyelets provided. 2 further support poles are included to support the optional wall kit, if added. In adverse conditions it is advised to pack the awning away. At no point should the awning be left unattended open without anchoring.
Included in box:
- Awning + commonly used mounting components
- 12V White + Amber LED light
- 1 legs for adverse conditions
Mounted weight: 57lbs
Mounted length: 106"
Mounting: This is a significant awning and it requires a robust roof rack, load bar setup or truck canopy mounting point for safe installation.
Our mounting kits are made to fit most roof racks and campers. For custom racks and campers some modification or fabrication of mounting kits may be required. Please contact us in that case.
- Standard fitting kit (welded roof racks with a 71" long M8 compatible channel)
- Front Runner fitting kit (bolted aluminum roof racks - addition of a 2nd Z-bracket)
- L-brackets for load bar mounting (5mm mild steel, heavy duty)
- Universal corner brackets (Rhino Rack Pioneer old & new, others similar racks - screwed or riveted to the rack via drilled holes)
- Tent fitting kit (thin walled aluminum RTT) (Bundu Tech Tents, etc)
- Tent fitting kit (thick walled aluminum RTT) (Big Country 4x4 Penthouse)
The two mounting points must be a minimum 71" apart.
- Wall Kit in two heights (83", 94")
- Storm kit (tie-downs and rain run-off clips)
- Additional LED light kits