Free freight shipping for all tents to the Lower 48*
The Penthouse XL RTT by Big Country 4x4. Born in South Africa. Updated for USA. Heavy Duty. For the serious adventurer.
- Slim: height 7 3/4" (not available until mid-2021)
- Aero: height 7 3/4" front 11 3/4" rear
- (allows bedding and full size pillows to be packed inside)
- Length 7.5 ft
- Width 57 3/4”
- 7'3" x 54” mattress, 3" dual density foam
- Load bearing roof (176lb rated spread load)
Optional: Roof Mounted Ladder Holder $110
- 3mm closed cell insulation floor and ceiling
- 5mm automotive carpet finish interior
- 1/2" compatible heavy duty tracks (full roof length)
- White/Yellow LED dimmable internal light
- USB charger port
- Anderson 50A internal power take-off connection
- Anderson 50A external power supply connection
- Ceiling Stowage Net
- Telescoping ladder with storage bag
- Shoe bag
Leave your bedding inside
The Aero model allows full sized pillows and 4 season sleeping bags and blankets to be left inside the tent (along with the ladder in the bag) - just make your bed!
Have stuff to go on the roof? Go ahead!
The roof has integrated cross beams inside and fitted with 2 heavy duty M8 channel tracks outside, designed to carry your lighter gear. Ideal for solar panels, sand tracks and of course, the ladder holder. Although heavier items (spread loads up to 176lb) can be accommodated during travel, heavier items may have to be removed before the tent can be opened.
The canvas is 260gsm UV treated rip-stop canvas and all the seams are sealed with hot-air tape.
The canvas portion of the tent is removable. If the vehicle is standing outdoors for long periods of time or if there are repairs required on the canvas, simply remove the entire tent by disconnecting the heavy duty 2" Velcro perimeter.
The mattress is a high density 3" composite consisting of a 2" layer of high density foam beneath a 1" layer of convoluted foam. The mattress cover is waterproof, in a poly-cotton fabric, and is 100% washable. Oh yes, the cover comes off and is replaced easily via a heavy duty Velcro seam along the long edge!
Dust and rain proof
A day's overlanding can be a dusty and sometimes wet affair. The tent is fitted with a heavy duty all-round rubber seal ensuring that no water or dust gets into your bedding.
Insulated top and bottom with 3mm closed cell foam and fully lined with automotive carpet. The carpet prevents drops of condensation from forming and landing on you in the night. If the tent is left closed in a humid environment for long periods of time, it is always best to periodically open up and "air" the tent or to simply remove the tent canvas and mattress to prevent condensation damage.
The bottom of the tent is fitted with an array of 1/2" compatible track extrusions enabling a low profile mounting to virtually any surface. If you have a specific roof rack that requires a tent mounting kit, please talk to your rack manufacturer and also give us a call to discuss.
Made in South Africa since 2005. Expedition tested across the African continent, so that you can plan your adventures with confidence.
* Shipping Options to the Lower 48 (both are free)
- Free freight shipping to your nearest freight terminal for pickup
- Free delivery to your business address with a forklift or loading dock
Shipping to Alaska, Hawaii: Give us a call. Anything is possible!