Use this page to place your Standard Tent pre-orders at 50% deposit.
- You will be charged $1050
- At the time of shipping you will be invoiced the remaining balance ($1050+shipping)
- Pickup in Houston, TX is possible to avoid shipping charges
The Penthouse aluminum RTT from Big Country 4x4, South Africa, since 2005. Available in two profiles and sizes at the pre-order special offer of $2100.
- Slim 7 3/4"
- Aero 7 3/4" front 11 3/4" rear
- (extra height in rear allows bedding and pillows to be left inside
- Length 82 11/16"
- Width 55”
- 6'6" x 51” mattress, 3" dual density foam
- Gunmetal Gray - other flat colors no additional charge with increased lead time
- Load bearing roof (176lb rated spread load)
Pack on the roof
The roof has integrated cross beams inside and fitted with 2 heavy duty M8 channel tracks outside, designed to carry your lighter gear. Ideal for solar panels, sand tracks and of course, the ladder holder. Although heavier items (spread loads up to 176lb) can be accommodated during travel, heavier items may have to be removed before the tent can be opened.
The canvas is 260gsm UV treated rip-stop canvas and all the seams are sealed with hot-air tape.
The canvas portion of the tent is removable. If the vehicle is standing outdoors for long periods of time or if there are repairs required on the canvas, simply remove the entire tent by disconnecting the heavy duty 2" Velcro perimeter.
The mattress is a high density 3" egg crate composite consisting of a 2" layer of high density foam beneath a 1" layer of convoluted foam. The mattress cover is waterproof, in a poly-cotton fabric, and is 100% washable.
Dust and rain proof
A day's overlanding can be a dusty and sometimes wet affair. The tent is fitted with a heavy duty all-round rubber seal ensuring that no water or dust gets into your bedding.
Insulated with 3mm closed cell foam and fully lined with automotive carpet. The carpet prevents drops of condensation from forming and landing on you in the night. If the tent is left closed in a humid environment for long periods of time, it is always best to periodically open up and "air" the tent or to simply remove the tent canvas and mattress to prevent condensation damage. The floor insulation and 3/4" anti-condensation mat are both removable to allow for easy cleaning and replacement.
The underneath surface of the tent is fitted with a crisscross of track extrusions enabling a low profile mounting to virtually any surface.
White/Yellow LED internal light, USB charger port, Brad Harrison 50A quick-connect for hook-up to your rig, Ceiling Stowage Net, 2-piece galvanized ladder with heavy duty plastic rungs
Roof-Mounted Ladder Holder (no more dirty ladders in car/tent, Shoe Bag (attaches to ladder).
- For pre-orders we will be negotiating the best freight rates possible, no mark-up added to customer. Shipping costs will be calculated at time of shipping and payable with product balance (i.e. $1050 + shipping)